Presently, there are many different types of tripod heads to choose from on the market today. There is no ‘one size fits all’ when it comes to photography, so even with the overwhelming options, choosing a tripod head actually is not as hard as it seems. Depending on your preferences and the type of photography you do, you will find one that meets your needs.
Our following selection of tripod heads with quick release will highlight their extra features to help you find one that matches your photography needs. The buying guide at the end section will walk you through some features that you should consider when looking for a tripod head to ensure you make the right purchase.
Top 10 Best Tripod head with Quick Release in 2022 Reviews:
10. INNOREL Ball Head with Two Quick Release Plates
INNOREL tripod ball head is made from ultra high strength aviation all metal alloy aluminium with all CNC machining processed tolerance that makes the mount solid and stable. The tripod head features a fast-moving and removable handle which guarantees improved operational efficiency by three times. The handle can be easily installed and disassembled depending on your preferences and needs of use. The design of the handle is suitable for both right-handed and left-handed users. With the handle, it is more convenient to turn the ball head which is very suitable for professional photographers.
The tripod ball head is 360-degree swivel allowing you to set your camera at different angles to take panoramic shots or fast-action scenes with ease and precision. The tripod head is built with a safety slot and special anti-slip rubber pads that protect your camera from any damage. The tripod head has a quick release system built in with the plate size 40mm x 38mm x 10mm. It is a great option for any professionals who are looking for a tripod head for precision panoramic photography or simply daily shooting.
- Good value for money
- Comes with a mobile clamp
- Widely compatible with DSLR camera, mobile phone, camcorder, telescope
- 10kg max loading weight capacity
9. Koolehaoda KZ-40 Clamp Adapter with Quick Release
The KZ-40 clamp adapter by Koolehaoda is full-metal constructed with CNC precision processed and surface oxidation making it durable and high-quality. The universal Arca-Swiss standard quick release plate makes it widely compatible. The clamp has a thread of UNC 3/8″ standard and the jaw can be opened from 37mm to 42mm. This clamp uses a M6 flat head screw that is compatible with any ball head, monopod, tripod or Gimbal. It can also be directly mounted on the monopod or tripod.
- Affordable price
- Features PU-70 Quick Release Plate
- Comes with all accessories needed for installation
- High-contrast bubble level preventing camera from sliding off unexpectedly
- Weight 130g
8. Koolehaoda Tripod Ball Head with Quick Release
This is another tripod head from the Koolehaoda. Built for professionals, this KM-0 is constructed with heavy-duty aluminium for durable quality made to last and deliver excellent performance. The removable quick-release plate is suitable for all SLR cameras while the ball head with adapter is widely compatible with various professional tripods and monopods. The 360 degree scale base design is perfect for panoramic shooting. The tripod has the maximum loaded capacity of 7kg.
- Good value for the money
- Smooth and sturdy design
- Arca-swiss compatible
- Ball diameter: 36mm
- Height: 100mm
- Weight: 410g
- Comes with 1/4″ camera screw and 3/8″ ball head adapter screw
7. VANGUARD Alta BH-250 Tripod Ball Head
Alta BH-250 is a tripod head from one of the Alta BH series designed for advanced to professional level photographers. The top-knotch build quality of Alta BH series offers an unmatched performance for all kinds of photography you do. The Alta BH-250 ball head is built with aircraft aluminium that makes it lightweight and long lasting. It is designed with the Arca-Swiss standard quick release with the built-in safety pin on top of the mounting plate. It securely holds your valuable camera gears to prevent accidental slip and damage.
The multi-action Alta BH-250 ball head features 3 independent knobs. The easy-to-grip knob gives you full control for precise alignment of the scene you are capturing. The main ball lock knob is ergonomic and oversize with an easy-to-grip lever allows you to reposition your camera easily, quickly and accurately.
- Secure locking
- Oxidation anodized surface to remain scratch-free
- Deliver top-notch accuracy and precise alignment performance
- 360 degree panning knob
- 44 pound safety max load for safety
- 2 bubble levels for precision alignment
6. Desmond DAC-60 Clamp Adapter & Level with Quick Release
Fully constructed with metal, this 60mm quick release clamp is a perfect fit for photographers of all levels who simply need a tripod head that does its job well. Desmond DAC-60 clamp is compatible with any Arca-Swiss plate including Really right stuff (RRS), Arca-Swiss, Markins, Wimberley, Kirk Enterprises, and many more with its 3/8″mounting hole and 1/4″ adapter. It can be used on any head and you can pair it with your tripod or monopod to start your shooting session.
- Package comes with 1/4″ bushing adapter, an allen Wrench and 6mm screw
- Jaw opening 37.25mm to 41.5mm
- Detachable bubble level
- Built-in short handle
5. Koolehaoda E1-Mini Head Tripod Ball Head
E1 Mini Head tripod head is constructed of magnesium alloy material using the most advanced CNC processing technology to achieve an exceptionally high quality surface with anodizing technique that makes it one of the most solid and durable gears. Weighted only 170G, this E1 Mini Head is able to load your camera gear with a maximum of 8KG.
The quick release plate is removable and comes with a 1/4″ screw that is compatible with all SLR cameras. The E1 Mini Head is designed with 2 independent control knobs that allows an adjustment on different rotation angles separately and controls all adjustments precisely.
- Mountable on tripod or monopod
- Quickly release or lock the ball with a key
- Can adjust the angle quickly
- Compact size and lightweight
- 360 degree rotating scale; suitable for panoramic scene
4. Manfrotto XPRO Ball Head Plate
XPRO Ball Head from Manfrotto is the perfect combination of innovative design and technical solutions. With its new triple locking system, it provides the camera a stable positioning and gives more precision. The three wedges enclose the spheres to eliminate any drifting to bring top quality photos.
The friction control system helps with weight balancing of the camera gear so that your position is always on flat level to the ground which is crucial for achieving a perfect shot. It is an ideal option for traveling thanks to its lightweight feature. It’s a perfect companion for portrait, landscape, wedding or traveling photography.
- Versatile and easy to set up
- Max load up to 10kg
- Lateral tilt – 90° / +40° tilt range
- Panoramic rotation
- Safety payload to prevent accidental slip
- Polymer rings
- 2 level bubbles for precise adjustment with locking knobs
3. Manfrotto Junior Geared Head
Another selection from Manfrotto is this Junior Geared Head which is well recognized for its smooth accurate movement. The head is compatible with a 3/8-inch screw tripod which is a standard for SLR and medium-to-large format tripods for cameras. Tripod heads from Manfrotto tend to be on the pricier side but their performance and quality is unquestionable.
It’s perfect for 360 degree panorama and the horizontal rotation is easily done with excellent accuracy. Despite its seemingly high price and heavy weight, its outstanding performance makes it a top choice amongst landscape photographers, astrophotographers and the likes.
- Sturdy and well-built
- Large base plate
- Full metal build
2. Manfrotto 323 RC2 Rapid Connect Adapter with Quick Release Plate
If you are simply looking for a quick release plate to add to your tripod or monopod, this might just be it. The built-in secondary safety system securely holds your photography gear with no issues. Adding this adapter to your tripod and monopod will allow you to remove or attach your camera quickly, saving you time and all the hassle. The RC2 Rapid Connect Adapter uses the 1/4″ or 3/8″ screw attachment type.
- Durable and long lasting, aluminium built
- Compact and lightweight; weight only 0.17kg
- 200PL plate type
1. Neewer Panoramic with Quick Release and Bubble Level
Our top selection is this Gimbal Tripod Head from Neewer. The quick shoe plate is designed for Arca-Swiss standard 1/4″. It is built fully on aluminium alloy for long-lasting performance and durability. It’s most outstanding feature amongst the other tripod heads with quick release of this list is that it can withstand your camera gear weight of over 13.6kg. That feature alone makes it a perfect choice for any photography that uses long telephoto lenses.
Its 360 panoramic shooting feature is also perfect for studio shooting or outdoor shooting, especially its full range of motion is an ideal feature for capturing fast-moving subjects like birds or sport events.
- Large knob for easy operation
- Numbered scales on the panning base and vertical arm for easy set up & switch with various camera and lens
- Rugged construction and design
The list covers some crossover in the capabilities of the tripod heads. Whether you are in need of the tripod ball head, the adapter plate or just the clamp, we’ve got you cover. The choice is based on your preferences and photography needs which would depend solely on what type of shoot you do and the type of tripod you’re going to pair the head with.
The following buying guide will walk you through the detail of some important features to consider when purchasing the tripod head with quick release.
- Standard compatibility: Quick release tripod ball head with Arca-Swiss standard compatibility should be ideal because of the interchangeability with various tripod heads.
- Good drip handle: Sloppy grip with loosey locking knob will only create unnecessary camera movement. In a more terrible case, a loose locking knob will put your camera in risk of accidental slip and damage.
- Types: There’s no one size fits all for the tripod heads. You may need to identify your photographic needs and choose your tripod head according to that. Say, if you’re specialized in a specific field, you will need the tripod head that is designed dedicated to that in order to achieve full potential of your shoot.